Can anyone recommend a Motor Insurance company who will insure drivers after disqualification?

December 10, 2017 · Posted in FAQ 
motor insurance
joolyjay asked:

I am trying to add a named driver to my car insurance. He was disqualified for 2 years for refusing to submit a blood sample. My current insurer won’t insure him. Who will?
The 2 years suspension was over at the end of March.

Car Insurance Search


No Responses to “Can anyone recommend a Motor Insurance company who will insure drivers after disqualification?”

  1. oklatom on May 16th, 2010 12:36 am

    Have the 2 years passed and the disqualification been lifted? If yes, find a company that will do an SR 22 filing. If not, no company will do so willingly because he isn’t allowed to drive yet, therefore would need no insurance, and they don’t want to accept that liability.

  2. jay_d_skinner on May 16th, 2010 3:29 am

    Money wise, it is too expensive. How long has he been off of suspension?

  3. Skye on May 19th, 2010 2:25 pm

    I think you might just have to do an internet search, but i think your premium will go Sky high if you do manage to get him on as a named driver.

    Good luck with that!!

  4. on May 20th, 2010 1:18 pm

    Assuming he has his license back then try quoteline, they specialise in insuring previously disqualified drivers. BUT be ready for a expensive quote. Subject to being a small engined vehicle it could exceed £1500.

  5. meg on May 20th, 2010 10:54 pm

    that internet insurace, i think its the name, they might.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.