Can I claim on my car insurance for accidently damaging engine?

June 5, 2017 · Posted in FAQ 
car insurance
topdogrex asked:

My partner put too much oil in the car and effectively blew up the engine.
Before i phone my insurance company, is it likely they will payout?
After all it was an accident.

Car Insurance Search


16 Responses to “Can I claim on my car insurance for accidently damaging engine?”

  1. J G on July 25th, 2009 9:09 am

    Absolutely 100% guaranteed no.

  2. taxed till i die,and then some. on July 27th, 2009 1:33 pm

    Basically no.

  3. euroanchor on July 28th, 2009 9:15 am

    Ha Ha Ha, you wish.

  4. gerard on July 30th, 2009 7:49 am

    no .no . and no again

  5. Jo on August 1st, 2009 11:48 am

    I done this last year to my fairly new car but mine was i put petrol instead of diesel (oopppps!) and my insurance paid out. I’m with norwich union.
    How about extending the truth a little if you dont feel confident about them paying out and say a vandal done it!

  6. oklatom on August 2nd, 2009 6:43 pm

    No. Car insurance pays for things you break with your car that belong to other people. If you also have collision coverage, it will pay for things you hit with you car that damaged your car, less your deductible amount. It will not pay for engines, transmissions, or any other mechanical part you broke.

  7. rookethorne on August 5th, 2009 8:26 am

    No, this is failure to correctly maintain anyway so would not be covered on an insurance policy.

  8. dreambig1225 on August 5th, 2009 4:00 pm

    Extremely doubtful they would pay. Insurance companies will usually only pay in the event that damage done to the property was something caused by an actually traffic accident, vandalism or act of nature such as a tree limb falling on your car. But it never hurts to try but just expect to be turned down. Oh and don’t lie about how it happened. Insurance fraud is a federal crime punishable up to 25 years in prison. Be smart and good luck!

  9. Please punctuate properly folks. on August 8th, 2009 12:48 am


    Insurance companies don’t cover such acts.

  10. Bardic on August 9th, 2009 2:43 am

    Oh, bless . . .

  11. Harv on August 11th, 2009 12:20 pm

    I like your thinking but no. Oh yeah Jo. You’re a cock.

  12. winterpeeps on August 16th, 2009 3:48 pm

    Well, they wouldn’t pay for the engine/parts, but MAY pay for any incidental damage to the vehicle (hood grille etc,)

  13. Lester X on August 18th, 2009 7:49 am

    topdogrex, There are lots of places where you can get a free insurance quote. It only takes about 5 minutes to do.

  14. Heather on August 18th, 2009 9:49 am

    The engine was fine until your partner touched it. Insurance will not pay for this. This is a painful learning experience. Never let your partner touch your car again. If your partner has a car, he/she should become your personal chauffeur.

  15. Fsa on August 21st, 2009 1:36 pm

    From $25-$85 a month on the Car Insurance you need.

    Okay, I have two cars (2003 Accord & a 1999 Bmw 323i). I have basic liability for both cars for my wife and I as drivers, plus $25,000 additional liability coverage on the cars.

    We just paid $427 for an entire year for the same car insurance company we were already paying around $2,000 for before! How can you beat that? I have tried and I have looked through numerous car insurance companies, you have to find the right bargain. Find the best deals available on the entire internet. If you already have Allstate, Geico, AIG, Progressive, Mercury, Esurance, American Family, Nationwide or any other USA auto insurance, and you are paying too much, Go here:

    Thank You and God Bless!

  16. Sahil on August 24th, 2009 7:25 am

    Hey, get answer to your question here, I think you will know everything by clicking here,

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.