How do you get car insurance for less than a year?

June 1, 2017 · Posted in FAQ 
car insurance
Anakha asked:

I would like to get car insurance for just a couple of months as the named driver, but all of the insurance quotes are for a year. Even the pay by month ones have a deposit.
In the UK.

Not Poland, Canada, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Israel or the USA.

Car Insurance Search


6 Responses to “How do you get car insurance for less than a year?”

  1. anonymous_005 on July 21st, 2009 4:14 pm

    There should be a short-term option for short-term insurance which has an application fee and is non-refundable.

    P.S. I live out in Canada so it may be different from where you reside.

  2. Jasper on July 22nd, 2009 11:17 pm

    get a dhotgun and thretin them if they wont let you do a short term one

  3. **tomtom on July 25th, 2009 6:39 pm

    The cover is always for a year.You get added as a named driver and then after a few months get yourself removed from the policy.

  4. The Gooroo on July 28th, 2009 6:30 am

    Most insurance companies in the UK offer a short term insurance plan. Contact the company and ask them.

  5. Never Healing Wounds on July 31st, 2009 9:35 am

    these will do it for a month or two or three or four etc I think they are the only ones in the UK that do it

  6. poetsofthefall on July 31st, 2009 7:01 pm

    If you do not own the vehicle but wish to be added as a named driver you must get the policyholder to add you as an additional driver to their policy then they will have to call again to get you removed. They will be charged an additional premium then a return premium at the end so in effect they will only be charged for 2 months. You can only be added as a temporary additional driver for a maximum of 30 days at a time, and this will prove more expensive doing it this way.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.