How much car insurance should I get?

September 9, 2017 · Posted in FAQ 
car insurance
Kid Budakan asked:

I live in California and wanted to try to save some money on my car insurance. I want to get enough coverage in case I am responsible for a major accient. Any recommendations on the following?

Bodily Injury and Property Damage
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage
Medical Payments


Car Insurance Search


5 Responses to “How much car insurance should I get?”

  1. rocknbronco on November 6th, 2009 8:38 am

    I would say get full coverage if its your only vehicle and is in decent shape.

  2. Wendy S on November 8th, 2009 10:46 pm

    I’d get a minimum of 100,000 per person/ 300,000 per accident Bodily Injury and Uninsured Motorist coverage, $100,000 Property Damage & Uninsured Motorist Property Damage. Medical Payments coverage isn’t really necessary if you have medical insurance.

    That’s a minimum, IMO.

  3. oklatom on November 10th, 2009 3:20 am

    The real question is how much to you need? At a minimum, the minimum the state requires, but you can go above that and have peace of mind for very little more.

    If you are looking to save, and can afford it, up your deductible on collision.

    Talk to your agent to get an idea of what is best for you.

  4. Scott on November 10th, 2009 1:50 pm

    Get the 50k or 100k. If you run into somebody and they are badly hurt medical expenses will be this much easily.

    Better to write off your car and have to find another than get sued.

  5. tonyrss1 on November 11th, 2009 10:34 am

    Hi Douglas,

    Its never an easy chore to get a good and reliable motor insurance quote. Sometimes you pay so much insurance for that car. Check this place out for a good car insurance quote. Its reliable. Here:

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.