How much will my car insurance go up if I make a claim?

January 10, 2018 · Posted in FAQ 
car insurance
cigaro19 asked:

I crashed into someone and my bonnet is crumpled up, it will only cost £100 to repair, so is it worth getting insurance involved? How much will my insurance go up if I do make a claim?
(The other person involved is my neighbour and their car wasn’t damaged so they are not bothered either way.)
My car insurance is currently 1000 per year

Car Insurance Search


8 Responses to “How much will my car insurance go up if I make a claim?”

  1. Steph j on March 23rd, 2009 5:29 am

    MUCH better to pay yourself if you can, your insurance could go up by loads for the next five years and you lose any no claims. Your insurance company may want to involve your neighbour in the claim so its better all round to fork out the £100, I definitely would.

  2. Mighty C on March 25th, 2009 9:57 am

    You may have no choice if you caused damage to the vehicle you hit.

  3. Mata123 on March 27th, 2009 9:33 am

    Pay it yourself. I had protected N/C and claimed for a new bumper paid the £100 excess cost of repair was £500 and my insurance went up the following year because of it. so don’t claim if you can help it!!

  4. 808fl on March 28th, 2009 8:27 pm

    I would pay it myself as said you could lose your n/c bonus and also is there an excess that you have to pay ie :- the first £50 OR A 100 that you agreed to pay in the result of an accident if your nabour is ok with it I would pay out myself

  5. selteeb on March 29th, 2009 11:05 pm

    pay out your pocket because your ins will automatically go up considerably next renewal and add your rise for the accident and there’s your answer

  6. duster on April 1st, 2009 2:28 am

    a deer walked in front of me, I hit it, because I plain, could not stop fast enough to avoid hitting it. wasn’t my fault at all. My Insurance company jacked up my rates till they had recovered what they paid out to me originally.
    Yah, your rates are going up

  7. oklatom on April 2nd, 2009 12:43 am

    Only your agent can answer your question with any degree of accuracy. But if the damage is to your own vehicle, unless you have collision coverage your insurance wouldn’t pay for it anyway. Probably best to pay out of pocket and not have it reported against your no claims bonus.

  8. Mick on April 4th, 2009 12:33 pm

    You are better sorting it out your self ,for it will be cheaper in the long run .

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.