How to register my car and insurance in TX?

July 15, 2017 · Posted in FAQ 
car insurance
Lindsey asked:

I’m a resident of TN, but I’m moving to TX for school. I want to establish residency and get a drivers license. However, I’m still on my parents car insurance in TN. I know that there are exceptions for students having to register a car in a state they are going to school. So, my question is can I get a TX drivers license and still have my car registered in TN and be on my parents insurance?

Car Insurance Search


2 Responses to “How to register my car and insurance in TX?”

  1. shootsamshoot on September 10th, 2009 1:07 pm

    You have to have insurance in the state that you live in. You can not be insured in Tennessee, and live in Texas because different states have different insurance regulations.
    Also, when you get a Texas drivers license, you need to put your address, which will obviously not be in Tennessee.

  2. KENNETH D on September 13th, 2009 3:08 pm

    It seems a not easy cracking nut,look around here ,you should find something helpful.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.