Motor insurance covers third party unnamed?

October 26, 2017 · Posted in FAQ 
motor insurance
nicknac asked:

I drive on my wife’s Insurance, (Fully comp) As a named driver. can I drive someone elses car as third party (not named) uk

Car Insurance Search


One Response to “Motor insurance covers third party unnamed?”

  1. krystal on May 14th, 2010 10:16 am

    yes, usually the excess is higher. Depending on the age of the unnamed driver

  2. bostonianinmo on May 23rd, 2010 10:21 pm

    As long as the other car has it’s own insurance cover and you have the owner’s permission to drive the car you should be OK.

    Unless the other policy restricts drivers (by age, name, etc.) there won’t be any problem. Those restrictions are rare but not unheard of so ask to see the policy if there’s any question.

  3. msmaryanne3 on May 25th, 2010 2:27 am

    I agree with Bostonian 100%, as long as your name appears on the policy, and you have a note, from the car’s owner you’re borrowing, which covers you even more, you should be ok. But, if you’re going to be driving this other vehicle for any length of time, I would contact your wife’s insurance company and let them know. You should be covered on the owner of the borrowed vehicles policy as well, provided there is a note to indicate permission. Happy motoring.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.