What would you do if your car insurance company refused to pay for the full balance of your car?

July 8, 2017 · Posted in FAQ 
car insurance
bossmac7 asked:

I have already contacted The Dept. Of Commerce & Insurance about the situation, but still no justice! The wreck was not my fault and they know that, yet they still will not cover the full balance of my D**M Car! I’ve been with them for 8yrs!

Car Insurance Search


7 Responses to “What would you do if your car insurance company refused to pay for the full balance of your car?”

  1. littlebluebug on September 5th, 2009 11:48 am

    Take them to court.

  2. mustanglaser94 on September 6th, 2009 5:31 pm

    Not much you can do. The insurance companies are only required to cover the value of the car not the amount you have left to pay off. Try contacting your insurance company and they might pay if the remainder off if you carry collision.

  3. top-down on September 7th, 2009 5:51 am

    Have you tried making sweet talk to it in Swedish?!

  4. fudgecicle_n_blowpopgirl on September 7th, 2009 8:20 am

    Insurance companies are only required to pay the value of the vehicle after 6 months. The first 6 months of being they are required to pay the full amount of the remaining loan.

  5. impactwriting on September 7th, 2009 7:26 pm

    You have to sue the people who hit you and the insurance company. Look under accident lawyers. Hiring a lawyer is the ONLY way you are going to get even close to a replacement value. They’ll even give you a free consulation, you know so desperate and poor as lawyers are… Just get a good one. I got screwed by my lawyer, but at least I got 3,000 for my car instead of the 1,000 I was offered.

  6. theevilfez on September 9th, 2009 4:39 am

    they pay for whhat the car is worth not the balance – you could have been screwed by the dealer and loaded w/ extra fees and insurances or even rolled negative equity in to the car. — Justice was served in what they paid — if you had that much of a swing in the note and what the car was worth then you should have bought gap insurance …

  7. renegadesail on September 12th, 2009 6:41 am

    You have the right to sue the other party causing your loss.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.