Where can I find car insurance for my situation?

January 20, 2017 · Posted in FAQ 
car insurance
javy_03 asked:

I’ve been without insurance for almost a year now. I canceled my old policy because I do not drive my car anymore and I’m selling it. So I finally bought a new car, and I am currently looking for insurance. But I haven’t had any insurance the past year. Where can I get insurance?

Car Insurance Search


8 Responses to “Where can I find car insurance for my situation?”

  1. optionnumber8 on March 26th, 2009 5:47 pm

    try your old place of insurance or just use yellow pages and call around or shop for some on internet

  2. stevensings20032001 on March 28th, 2009 1:36 pm

    If you do not have to many points on your license, or another situation that would prevent you from acquiring insurance, than you should have no trouble. People who have not driven for years, for whatever reason can still buy insurance, as long as their license is in effect. (VALID). You can go on line to Geico, or one of the other mega insurance services. But I would recommend checking with your friends, family, co workers, for a referral to their insurance agent. Preferably a local insurance broker. They have more companies to write for, thus giving you a better choice, and better rates.

  3. Fred C on March 30th, 2009 10:00 am

    Where did you get insurance the first time you bought a car? Pretty much any insurance broker or agent should be able to help you, unless there is something in your record. However, some companies will insure you as a new driver because you haven’t had and insured vehicle on the road.

  4. victorschool1 on April 1st, 2009 10:09 am

    It is a very big problem because there is a severe shortage of insurance salespeople in this country, it is extremely difficult to find any insurance agency, even in the phone book, and if you can find an agency chances are you will not get an appointment for months since so many are taking up insurance salespeople’s time clamoring and begging to buy insurance. Unless there is a state law against it, you may be better off driving without insurance.

  5. Andie F on April 2nd, 2009 2:10 pm

    There are alot of places that will give you insurance, even though you haven’t had any for a year. You need to shop around for the best price. One place you can call or go onto the internet is Progressive Insurance, Allstate. Most of them will give you a quote. If you go through a broker they will charge you a brokers fee. One insurance company you really don’t want is Bristol West. Most others are pretty decent.

  6. Marie on April 3rd, 2009 1:46 am

    Almost anyone will insure you without problem as long as your driving record prior to this was clear. If your gap without was less than 12 months your driving record may not even be impacted.

  7. flack_mon on April 4th, 2009 3:42 am

    This link (http://www.dmv.org/car-insurance.php) will take you to a page where you can get quotes from 3 companies. All these companies are brokers. What that means to you is they have anywhere from 3 or 4 to hundreds of insurance companies they check the rates with and then offer you the lowest rate they can find. If you choose a more traditional one-company, one-agent relationship then you have to take the rate that company offers or start the search again with another company.

  8. Loollea on April 5th, 2009 4:05 am

    call any insurance company, you will probably pay a higher rate for the first 6mos as you have not carried insurance recently, but
    the second 6 mos will earn you a better rate
    all insurance companies will penalize you for not having previous insurance (recently)

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.